Dennis Petri, International Director of the International Institute for Religious Freedom, joins the Middle East File to discuss his article: The Tyranny of Religious Freedom Rankings. Dennis’ article featured in Middle East File | 17.
This article provides further nuance to the discussion about how to describe and measure levels of religious freedom around the world.
- Faith in Numbers: Can we Trust Quantitative Data on Religious Affiliation and Religious Freedom? by Judd Birdsall and Lori Beaman (TPNRD)
- Towards Enriching Understandings of Freedom of Religion or Belief: Politics, Debates, Methodologies, and Practices by Katherine Marshall (CREID)
- World Watch List 2022 by Open Doors
- Religious restrictions around the world by Pew Research Center
- The Religion and State Project by Bar Ilan University
To learn more about the Religious Freedom Institute and find more of the Middle East File podcast visit: https://www.religiousfreedominstitute.org/middle-east